Eugene offers one-off or regular lessons for all. Whether a professional or amateur player, he will work with you to find a suitable pace and style that is to your liking.
Lessons may be in the areas of drum set/cajon, composition, arranging, or any other form of music theory. Eugene has prepared students for ABRSM, Trinity or Rockschool practical and theory exams. Please refer to the “about -> qualifications” tab for details regarding his professional credentials.
An accomplished session drummer proficient in all genres, Eugene specializes in these specific areas:
- Jazz and World Drumming like Swing, Jazz Waltz, Afrocuban 12/8, Songo and more
- Brush Technique at an advanced level for any style including Rock, Funk and Latin
- Chart Reading and Interpretation in all types of music
- Improvisation in any style
- Cajon Technique with a focus on traditional Peruvian rhythms like Lando and Festejo or traditional Flamenco palos like Buleria and Rumba Flamenco. Contemporary beats like jazz/rock/country etc. will also be adapted to the Cajon
An accomplished composer and arranger, Eugene offers lessons in the following fields:
- Classical Theory (till ABRSM Grade 8) including notation and practical interpretation
- Jazz Harmony (with reference to the syllabus of Berklee College of Music) ranging from the principles of blues till multi-tonic systems and etc.
- Arranging Techniques for small to large ensembles from jazz trios to full string orchestras, including the idiosyncrasies of woodwind, brass, string, percussion and rhythm section instruments and how to write for them
- Composition Techniques to generate effective melodies, coherent harmonies, and established forms
Rates are at $100/hour or $70/half hour per lesson regardless of students’ level. If there are any additional queries, please fill out the form below.